»

Friday, December 12, 2008

[musical devotion]

If you had to pick one musician/group to solely listen to for 6 months straight- who would you pick? I ask this question because I once overheard a man say that he listened to only Prince for 6 months. When I heard this I immediately thought well yeah- I could listen to Prince for 6 months too. Prince's musical catalog is not only extensive but extremely diverse. Dude's got some 30+ albums, his music has been featured in countless movies, he's won a billion awards, and his career spans thirty years or so. Plus I happen to be a fan of the artist formerly known as... My other votes for a 6 month musical devotion include:
Syl Johnson
Bettye LaVette
Bad Brains

Nina Simone James Brown

And my new favorite group that I want to devote 6 months of listening time to is the South African group BLK JKS. I can't stop listening to their Mystery EP- which is free at Other Music.

BLK JKS- Summertime

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin