»

Monday, July 21, 2008

[Summer Catch-up]

Blogging is super hard in the summer. There's waaaay too many other things to do outside in the sunshine. And when you live in upstate ny you know how to take advantage of good weather. So please don't be alarmed by the delay in my posts just know i've been truly enjoying this summer.
Looking back at July- it's been a great month. I spent the 4th in Philly with my girl Queen and yes- we celebrated freedom, liberty, and justice- oh-8 style. If you haven't heard- the 4th is a BIG deal in philly. It becomes an 8-day event with several nights of fireworks, NBA events, music, food, fundraising and of course some history lessons thrown in for good measure. The musical acts this year included John Legend and Boyz II Men. Queen and I caught Boyz II Men and let me tell you they still got it- dance moves and all! I was instantly transported back to '95 as soon as they they started singing.
On the 4th we caught the fireworks from Fairmount St. and then headed to my favorite spot on Spring Garden- one of the streets I lived on in college. Silk City is a diner attached to a beautifully decorated lounge/bar. Cosmo Baker's dj set was the musical highlight of my 4th of july weekend. His hometown mix of Will Smith, Eve, Freeway, Beenie Siegel, Musiq SoulChild, and Jill Scott had everybody in the spot going crazy.Next up we headed to Denim on Walnut street. This spot stays open past 2 so it's become one of the places to be afterhours. Mind you this spot is pricey- minimum tab is $30- but who's thinking about that at 2:30 in the am? Denim is modern and a bit pretentious, but late night the vibe switches up. You never know who you will bump into and that's a beautiful thing.
-CleverGypsy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

highlights for me:
seeing you obviously, flounder!!!, the flask that I still have, sneaking drinks where we don't have to, and geriatric old men not breaking hips doing 90's dance moves. good times
-queen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin