»

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

[Pineapple Express]

On Monday we saw our first "summer blockbuster". The Dryden Theatre at the George Eastman House was holding a sneak preview of Pineapple Express. For $6 each (student rate) we saw this hilarious modern-day cheech and chong flick. Seth Rogen- the curly haired guy from Knocked Up- plays yet another lovable but irresponsible stoner and James Franco is his weed dealer. Danny R. McBride plays the character Red and steals quite a few scenes.

This movie, unlike other classic stoner movies, has tons of action packed fighting scenes, car chases, and good old American values like violence, blood, drugs, and oh yeah friendship. This movie moves quickly and is guaranteed to hold your interest even if you happen to be as baked as the main characters.

1 comment:

Allison Shmallison said...

Oh man, I want to see that so bad! I read this whole article on Seth Rogan and this movie. I think I might even have a little crush on him. Eww, I know. But he's so funny. You'll have to tell me about it and how awesome it was. Miss you, lady.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin