»

Thursday, February 12, 2009

[fillmore to the mission]

[jazz lives on the west coast too]

I woke up early on my born day...then promptly fell back asleep. I was a bit hungover from the previous night of partying at Yoshi's. (Yoshi's is a jazz spot in the Fillmore district- which is referred to as the Harlem of the West). Brooklyn Circus (check them out!) had thrown a dope soiree and everyone had made sure I was extra saucy when the clock struck 12! The music was on point- everything from Jay-Z to Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings, some dancehall riddims, and of course 2Pac! After those tequila shots (that a very friendly stranger bought for me) I don't remember much- but yezzir we got it in!
[get a burrito and try all of the salsas]

On my birthday day, after getting some much needed rest and pomegranate juice, we headed to the Mission to wander the streets, do a little birthday shopping, and just let the day take us where it would. We ate at Pancho Villa Taqueria (see picture above). If you like Mexican food you will love Pancho. It's affordable, offers huge portions, and seems to have a cult following in sf. After lunch we happened upon Clarion Alley. Here are pics from this artistic walkway:






No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin