»

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

[eat to live]

Ryoko's in SF, best sushi I've ever had!

I am a sushi addict- no joke. I have to have sushi at least once a week or the cravings take over. So it was fitting that the first restaurant I went to in San Francisco was a sushi joint- Ryoko's in Nob Hill. Inside feels like an underwater cave (try to get one of the "booths" in the back) and the music is great. There's a grand piano, a dj on the weekends, and some great art on the walls. But the best part of Ryoko's is the food- the sushi is fresh and so tasty! Best sushi I've ever had and I eat sushi everywhere I go. The menu is a nice balance between traditional sushi and fun rolls. Everything we had was delicious including the Hot Tail and the Jumping tuna rolls. I'm not a fan of tempura rolls but even those were amazing at Ryoko's. I ate here twice while in SF- it's that good.
Mussels at Hog Island Oyster Co., sf

Seafood is perfect food. And oysters are the most fun shellfish to eat- eating them is like taking a seafood shot- a yummy, savory, refreshing shot! Hog Island Oyster Co. (in the ferry building) is an incredible San Francisco restaurant to eat oysters at. They have a happy hour special where their signature Sweetwater oysters are $1 and believe me you will want to take advantage of this deal. Oysters are really easy to eat and the average person can put away a dozen no problem. Hog Island has a scrumptious vinegar/cilantro sauce they serve with the oysters and it is all you need on these raw treats. Nic had the mussels which she said were heavenly. We also had the baked oysters appetizer, the warm olives, and a bottle of Sonoma white wine. A divine meal.

they love to put cucumber in their water on the west coast

Other SF food/drink spots:

Olive- a hidden gem. Their martinis are to die for. Example: "The Spicy Dirty One" -Ketel One vodka, jalapeño peppers, olive juice and house made jalapeño stuffed olives

Em's Place-cheap, fast breakfast spot. greasy spoon that's not so greasy. Also serves Chinese food. Mongolian chicken is yummy.

Brenda's French Soul Food- Do yourself a favor- eat at this Creole inspired spot. Just get there early as the wait can be serious- or go on an off day like I did. Read my review on Yelp.

Squat and Gobble- I really can't stand the name of this brunch spot but the food is delicious so I can't complain. Crepes, omlettes, you name it. Huge portions!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin