»

Friday, January 2, 2009

[hep on the mellow side]



I've always been a jazz fan but it was around '98 when I really started listening and collecting my jazz favorites. My friend KB had made me a lovely mixtape and included plenty of
Cab Calloway, Sarah Vaughn, and Billie Holiday. Anyone who listens to Cab Calloway knows that you are quickly drawn into his energetic style. And it's a fact that Mr. Calloway was born in Rochester, NY. There's even a plaque on Sycamore Street commemorating him.


Last year we saw
Stormy Weather at the Dryden Theater. Amazing movie with incredible musical performances by Cab Calloway and Lena Horne. Plus the dancing by the Nicholas Brothers and others will literally blow your mind.



I'm loving black and white film again, and vinyl, and vintage everything. Starting the new year in a very "old-fashioned" mindset- embracing the classics and inventing the rest.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin