»

Monday, May 18, 2009

[back on track]

Yes we took a brief hiatus- but now we're back. Just in time for the spring/summer warm-up. And we all know what that means- cook-outs, porch parties, 2-wheels, 4-wheels, toes out, picnics, sunnies. Our collage above is a nice summary of things we're currently digging on...

1. Fast Friday: this movie is just plain dope even if you're not into fixed gear biking. and yes there's always time to get addicted like we have. Our tiny-ass garage (but a garage nonetheless) has quickly become a bike warehouse and our computer goes straight to velospace when we turn it on.

2. Diplo: We've loved him for ages and have seen him perform at various parties including the Roots picnic, at Mod Club(Tdot) with Switch and recently at Soundlab in Buffalo. Never fails to drop the heat and make ya booty bounce. I'm guessing surfer tracks are the next frontier.

3. Organic Wine.

4. Major Lazer: Switch+ Diplo= music that makes you pretend you're surfing in your bedroom. Summer time madness!!! Pretty sure they're dropping an album. Love the track "Hold the Line" featuring Santi.

6. Mi Black Barbie she go go go.

7. Green smoothies/ juice: grab a good blender or juicer and go to town. Veggies are good in a glass.

8. Pins I had in the 80s: I can't remember all of them but I definitely had a SNAFU pin I got from Village Green Bookstore and a smiley face one from Record Theatre in Midtown. I can't even help that I'm humming Bobby McFerrin right now...

9. Carebears care-a-lot: If the Carebears, Rainbow Brite, and Cabbage Patch Kids could form a sweet army led by Punky Brewster and kick cancer's ass the world would be a better place.

10. Zion I: We had the privelege of seeing Zion I perform in the Roc last week. Good vibes, tight musicians, and lyrical skills to boot. Zion I has a new album out called "THE TAKEOVER". don't sleep.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin